Forum Discussion

Quick_BaseAdmin
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Can I Use a "Page" as a Table Home Page instead of a "Report"?

Is it possible to use a specified "Page" from my app as a table's home page rather than a report?

I'd like for user's to be directed to a designed Page with multiple reports and information when they click on a Table's icon. I can't find a way to do that.

Thanks!

------------------------------
Quick Base Admin

4 Replies

KirkTrachy1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    It sounds like you want a dashboard instead of your table home page.

Mark is right that that dashboards cannot be the default table home page, however...

What about using the new dashboard pages to create a suite of each table's reports?

Then create a new main dashboard page with buttons that take you to the respective table "dashboards".  You could then hide the tables...  I guess you are manually recreating the QuickBase experience aren't you?  You'd have to add the links to all the reports, etc., but your use case might be worth it.  In the end, you can be as creative or as eccentric as you like. :-)

Definitely go to https://quickbase.uservoice.com and make your suggestion.  Our product managers really watch these suggestions.

Kirk Trachy , Senior Solutions Consultant
    QuickBase | 603-674-5454 M | ktrachy@quickbase.com
      Quick_BaseAdmin
      Qrew Member
      Thats an interesting thought Kirk. When I first started using QB in 2005 I think Home Pages were called Dashboards. Then they got switched to Home Pages. Now I guess they will become dashboards again.  I like dashboard better.

I'm not super familiar with the new Dashboard pages yet. But I'll definitely look into this idea and also post to the user voice page.

Thanks again!

Josh

Quick Base Admin
  • That is not currently possible ...

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Quick_BaseAdmin
      Qrew Member