Forum Discussion

BenGillihan
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Auto Update Invoice Balance

We are going to track our AR collection with Quickbase and I want to automatically update the balance for each past due invoice.  I have table A with the invoice number and other details and I have connected table B with the invoice number and the current balance owed.  Table B will be a CSV in dropbox that will update daily.  How do I connect the tables so that table A has a current balance field that updates for that invoice record based on the current balance amount in table b?

6 Replies

• Have you tried connecting them with a "table to table relationship"? It might be the case were you have to make a "many to many relationship". A many to many relationship is a little more tedious but quickbase university has good example videos for this. Hope this helps.
      BenGillihan
      Qrew Cadet
      I don't think it is a many to many because I based on the example I see.  Both tables will have a list of invoice numbers.  I just want to automatically pull 1 field from table B to table A based on a match of the invoice numbers.  I assume the invoice number will need to be the key field for both tables, but I may be wrong.

Thanks.

Ben
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      The Key field need to be Invoice # for the Invoices table. 

Now for the Dropbox sync table, will there be multiple entries for the same Invoice# or just 1. If just 1 , then yes, unusual as it seems, you can set the Key field there to be the invoice # as well. 
      BenGillihan
      Qrew Cadet
      10-4.  I had the invoice # as the key field for both tables.  The invoice # will only appear once in each table.  It is the next step(s) or connection the tables and setting the proper properties for the balance field so it returns automatically that I can't seem to get right.