Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Basic formula query issues

I've done formula queries before (still new, but can successfully make them work). I am banging my head against the wall trying to make something work. The actual goal is simpler than what I post below, but if I can get below to work, then I can achieve my ultimate goal.

This for me works:
Size(GetRecord(1))

Simply, get the count of record ID 1 in current table. The value of '1' is returned.

This does not work
Size(GetRecord(1,"dbid")

I assumed this would look in the table with the dbid id that matched for record ID 1, and return '1'. But it does not. I double checked that Record ID 1 exists and double checked the dbid ID. So i am assuming it is my syntax?

UPDATE: Disregard, as soon as i posted this I realized I was trying to query a table in a different app which doesn't work at this time.

What do I have wrong in this very basic formula?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

2 Replies

• Mike,

Quickbase Junkie has some amazingly helpful (and free) YouTube video's on Formula Queries.  I HIGHLY recommend starting there for guidance.
    ā€‹

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

Thanks! Yes I agree, I have all her pages bookmarked and they are wonderful. I actually copy/pasted my formula directly off her tutorials, which is why I was so confused that this very simple task was not working.

However, I updated my original post, probably while you were responding. The error was not in my syntax. It was that I was trying to query in a different App, which is at this point not allowed.

Mike Tamoush