Forum Discussion

PhillipLehman
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Cascading Dropdowns to 4 Levels

I am having an issue with the way the 4 level of a dropdown set and not filtering the level 4 list based on the level 2 AND level 3 dropdown selections.

All dropdowns are from different tables and tables are linked I feel is correct.  I do that the have them working for the 1 through 3 levels, but when adding the fourth level based on the selection of level 2 and 3. At this time when I change the settings for level 4 I get a list in the fourth level dropdown based on either level 2 or level 3 selections.

LEVEL 1 --> LEVEL 2 --> LEVEL3 
                           |___________|
                                       |
                                 LEVEL 4

Please let me know if more detail is needed.

------------------------------
Phillip Lehman

2 Replies

• If your users need to select options from both Level 2 and Level 3 before selection an option for Level 4, all the records on Level 4 will need to also have both a Level 2 and Level 3 option assigned. Then, you will need to construct a formula that combines these into a single value. Something like this:

[Level 2 Record ID#] & "-" & [Level 3 Record ID#]

Then you will need to construct a similar formula on the table where the users are making these selections. Once you've done that, you will use the two formula fields in your Conditional Drop-Down settings.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      PhillipLehman
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for this quick response. It worked like a charm!

Phillip Lehman