Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Close a pop up form after a button is clicked on the form

I have a button that sits on a report that is on a user page that creates pop up to a special form that also has a button that that acts on a checkbox and then refreshes the page.

Here is my formula that sits on the pop up form:

var text Update = URLRoot() &"db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord"& "&rid=" & [Record ID#]
& "&_fid_1046=1";

var text RefreshPage = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl();

If([Ready for Dispositions]=false,$Update
& "&rdr=" & URLEncode($RefreshPage))

What do I need to add to my formula to close the pop up  after the button is clicked?

------------------------------
George Bramhall

16 Replies

• Not sure if I was clear. I want the button on the form to update the record (check a checkbox) and then close the form (pop-up)

George Bramhall
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      I think that this would require a code page.  But I'm not that kind of a coder.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        If you go to this link:

https://resources.quickbase.com/db/bq8kmgrcq

Then click on the examples. The second example is titled : Add Child in Popup w/ Auto Close on Save - Rich Text

It gives you a code page, and then a NextURL statement to call that code page. Admittedly, I haven't tried it, but I told myself I need to experiment with that as soon as I have the need again!

To me, this solution only will work in instances where &NextURL will work. I know NextURL works in conjuction with the add record api, but not sure about edit record?

Mike Tamoush