Forum Discussion

BobThomas1
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Code Pages

I am trying to incorporate a method to grab four specific fields from an AthenaHealth database. (Right now I'm using a 'sandbox' data table, with Dr names, Encounter dates, Type of visit & location. 

I have created a Quick Base table with the four fields and have some actual data.

What I need to be able to do is on a regular basis, (ie daily or weekly) add the new encounter (the four fields of) data to a new record in QB which has just these four records.

I am thinking that an App with a code page which calls the QB API create record, probably using a Pipeline. The code page I'm thinking will first have to check the AthenaHealth data table for all the new records since it was last run. 

I would like this to be on a regular schedule though for testing I could just create new 'sandbox' records and then run the Pipeline manually.

There are several scripting languages that can be used. One of course is Python, which I have learned a bit of and the other is JavaScript, though the template scripts in AthenaHealth are in Node.js.

I have Node.js on my computer, but I wonder if Python might be an easier way to go as it would not require installing Node.js on the actual computers that would run the App with the code page?

Below are the scripting languages that could be used also.

The data returned is JSON formatted.

Since I am going to have to use tokens and keys,  when this goes to production, but I would happy for now in just getting the QB App going that can communicate with both QB & AthenaHealth.

• C#/Mono
  • Java
  • Perl
  • PHP
  • Python and Python3
  • Ruby  
  • Node.js
  • Go
  • Scheme

------------------------------
Bob T.

4 Replies

• I don't think that you need to use a programming languages at all. Just native Pipelines as it can digest a JSON response to a webservice call.

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=89ce5407-8f15-42e8-963e-2b8a4fe64fd8&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer#bm89ce5407-8f15-42e8-963e-2b8a4fe64fd8

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BobThomas1
      Qrew Cadet
      Mark,

AthenaHealth has several scripts (on GitHub now). The script I modified in JavaScript (with Node.js) will bring an Encounter record with the four fields I need in JSON format. I'm not sure how to get without the code? 

I suppose the actual API Urls might work, but I have to also have my OAuth & token values securely in the (code page) I think. The QuickBase URLs will need to be added to the script to create the new record, and of course the Pipeline scheduled to run at regular intervals, probably daily, maybe weekly.

Bob T.
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I'm  not a programmer, but if you can do a webservice call, then I'm quite sure that the Pipeline can listen for the response and parse the JSON.  But I am not familiar enough with that process to be able to specifically give you the step-by-step on that.  You could try going to Quickbase support for help on that or it's also possible that the QuickBase junkie can help you on a consulting basis.  https://www.quickbasejunkie.com/

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com