Forum Discussion

ChrisNewsome
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Create a ""Contact Us"" form on website, create Record in QBase, Auto-email response

So I would have thought this would be a common question, but I can't find an answer anywhere on these forums, so here it is.

We use QBase as our CRM. I'd like to integrate a "Contact Us" form on our website that would then create the customer's record in QBase automatically. From there, I would create an automation that would create a task to call the customer for an appointment. Here's ideally how it would work:

1. Customer enters their info into the website
2. A record is created in Qbase containing their info
3. A task is created to contact them for an appointment
4. An email thanking the customer is automatically generated and sent.

I can't get past step 2 so far. I used this form creation wizard I found:

https://login.quickbase.com/db/6mztyxu8?act=DBPage&pagename=formWizard.html&_ga=2.154279416.1119470619.1565032774-2045215432.1565032774

and input the app token, etc., but I get an error when I test it out on my website:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<qdbapi>
<action>API_AddRecord</action>
<errcode>22</errcode>
<errtext>Sign-in required</errtext>
<errdetail>The page you have requested can be viewed only by users who have signed in. Please sign in to proceed.</errdetail>
</qdbapi>

I could find no real helpful information about this error. Obviously my customers can't be logged in to Qbase to use the form. I found some rough info about API login, but I'm not certain that is the correct path for this use-case. Any help out there?

17 Replies