Forum Discussion

NicholasGeer
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Estimated call volumes in a chart.

I have been asked to create a chart estimating the call volume from various clients per day in one graph. I have the total calls over a period of time. How can I display this on a graph without manually putting each date into the CRM?

For Example, how would I display the following info per day?

Client: Barbara
Calls: 206
Start Date: 10/13/2020
End Date: 10/23/2020

Client: Steve
Calls: 102
Start Date: 10/07/2020
End Date: 10/14/2020

Is this possible?

------------------------------
Nicholas Geer

5 Replies

• You will need the daily numbers to do a daily chart. My suggestion would be to set up an automated process using an Automation or a Pipeline to set up child records under these records so that you end up with one daily record for each day. Then you would base chart on the daily records.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      NicholasGeer
      Qrew Trainee
      That was my assumption. The next step would be to create a series of child records between two dates that each contains the (estimated call value/number of days).

I don't know how to do this inside QuickBase but I assume you would create an automation that:

Creates a new Day based on the formula Date=(Start Date + Automation Counter)
      Adds 1 to Automation Counter if the counter doesn't equal the number of days between End Date and Start Date

And the automation ends when the Automation Counter equals the number of days between End Date and Start Date

Am I going in the right direction?

Nicholas Geer
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        is there a maximum number of days that this needs to handle?  That could affect the solution.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com