Forum Discussion

FatimaKhan
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Field Issue With a Pipeline

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a number my pipeline is pulling over, it changes the number. I have one app where a 19 digit ID is put into a record. When my pipeline pulls that record and creates a new record in a different app it changes the number. I have tried changing the field type on the second app but it is not working. Please help.

This is the ID in the first app.
but it pulls it over with this number.

------------------------------
Fatima Khan

3 Replies

• A good rule of thumb for deciding if as field should be text or numeric is that if it's not going to be used for calculations, then it should be a text field.  Quickbase only retains accuracy on numeric fields for 13 digits.

I suggest that you make the target field a text field and if you can change the source field to be text that would be best but if not, then try making a new field called ToText([my big numeric field]) in the source table  and use that for the source of the Pipeline.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      FatimaKhan
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you for your response. The source field would be the field information I want to pull and place in the new app?

Fatima Khan
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Yes, see if you can coax that big number into a text field so it appears with the correct digits and then have the pipeline map a text field into a text field.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com