Forum Discussion

ElenaLarrabee1
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

Filter parent record selector on a grid edit within a form

Hey everyone, I swear I've done this before but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

I just need to filter the parent records in a drop down on a grid edit within a form. I have a parent record, Crew Time Record, and on the form for that record there is a grid edit to add multiple child records (Job Check Ins) and for each Job Check In there is a drop down selector to pick the related Job parent record. How do I filter the Job parent records that show up on that child record grid edit? 

Thank you!!

------------------------------
Elena Larrabee

9 Replies

• Non intuitively, you need to create a form.  I suggest that you call the form Grid Edit.

List the fields on the form in the order you want to be columns in Grid Edit. Use the usual Forms control to have filtered drop downs.  Then in the form usage section, set that form to either be used for all grid edit by Role (but that may be too restrictive!) so more likely set it to be used just on certain reports for Grid Edit  ....  ie what ever report is being used as the embedded report on the form, set that report to use that form for for Grid Edit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ElenaLarrabee1
      Qrew Captain
      Aha!! Yes thank you very much.

Elena Larrabee
        TrevorKent
        Qrew Trainee
        I feel like something has changed as I did the above and I still cant change the filter on the parent record.

Can you please verify it is still the same.

Trevor Kent