Forum Discussion

DwightMunson1
Qrew Assistant Captain
2 years ago

GANTT Template App - Issue Seeing Field Properties

Good morning everyone. 

I've been having an issue with seeing field properties in the GANTT Template App in the Quickbase Exchange. I'm trying to replicate fields and it's just being a pain because I can't see certain properties. 

I've run into this with many fields. I've had situations where it doesn't show the formulas for formula fields. I've tested before and after installing the plugin in the template app. I've redownloaded the template app. It's frustrating not having full control over an app in my realm. 

I'm a realm admin. I have the top permissions in the template app. Any ideas?

GANTT Template App Projects Notes: 

My app Projects Notes: 

------------------------------
Dwight Munson

3 Replies

• I am also seeing this issue with the Gantt Template app.

We're also seeing the notes field log entries that we're not manually entering.  I was troubleshooting that when I discovered the missing settings.  It seems to be happening when we go into the Gantt and move/add tasks, but I haven't been able to completely confirm that yet.

If anyone else has any insight on this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

Heather Delozier

• Hi Dwight,

For your first question you may not be able to see a formula cause that field could be a Rich Text manual entry field. It is a less used option but it allows users to add in text with the ability to use rich text styling on that text for display. You can usually tell the difference because the manual entry Rich Text gives you the Display options of number of lines, max characters, and width of input box while the formula version only gives you a max character option since there isn't an input box. They both show up as just Rich Text in the type. 

You can turn log editing on in a Rich text field but it usually isn't on by design. With the field type adjusting on you it might be that the template app had that enabled and adding Gantt caused it to start logging. If things aren't woking right for you when you have plug ins turned on and are using Gantt I would recommend putting in a case with our tech support team to get some help trouble shooting. You can create a case here in Community using Support where it appears in the navigation at the very top of the page or in Quickbase when signed in under the question mark (?) icon by selecting Manage Support Cases. 

Evan Martinez
    DwightMunson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain

Weird update. I was editing and putting data into the Notes field. It seemed to be logging entries. I've checked form rules, nothing there. After editing and entering data a few times it wasn't doing it anymore. Now when I look at the field properties the type changed to Text - Multi-line. You can't even change the field type on these. I didn't have the option to. 

Dwight Munson