Forum Discussion

NoneEvenManNone
Qrew Member
10 years ago

How can I view all of the records on one page? Right now the maximum I see is 250 per page.

I want all my records to be on one page. It'll make life easier when scrolling through all the information.

19 Replies

• My summary report has 3 formulas as you see from my screen shot below:
    Below the formulas, I have this message over the button to add another:

• Yes, there is a limit of three report formulas per report, but if you have Admin access to the app, you can make as many "real" formula fields as you like and use them in the report.
  • What is the difference between a "report formula" and a "real" formula?  These are all summary fields for a summary of items over the course of a week so the formulas do not work on single records in a table.  So as I said, I am limited to 3 formulas in a report.

I would gladly summarize over to another table but that is beastly difficult due to the fact that I need a compound key for the summary records and keying off a column in one table destroys the calculations in the field in the first table when it creates the summary table.

It is actually a very simple application, so I would not think it would be so hard.
    I have people who log their time during the week.  They also indicate the type of time it is which could be regular time, over time, vacation time, double time, night premium time, etc.
    I am simply trying to make a report that lists the totals for each category of time for each person.  And based on the person and the categories, I will do some calculations to determine their pay.

Instead of one nice report with a column for each type of hours and each amount of pay, the best it will do is to have multiple reports and then I have to copy and paste the data out and tie it back together in a spreadsheet. 

• In fact, the report formuals behave identically to formula fields in your app and do in fact operate on each single record in the app and not actually on the columns of your report.  So you may as well make all your calculations as fields so that they can all one on one report for either export to excel or just to print.  When you print, it will print all pages of your report.

Now, since you may be under the wrong impression that your report formulas are operating on the Summary Totals and not the individual records, you may in fact have a different issue where the results of the calculations are not what you expected, but that is a different question to be solved.  
  • The formulas are used to summarize the data.  That is why it had to be a summary report.  I had previously created them in a tabular report, but that only gave me averages. 
    Why was it only an average?  I don't know.  I asked the tech support person and he did not know either.  Jeff just said I have to use a summary report instead.

It would make no sense to make a formula on an individual record.  There is nothing to summarize and no calculations that can be done in an individual record.  It has only a person's name, a type selection, and a single value. The totals are across records.

• My point is that you seemed to be raising a concern that you had to do 2 reports because you had to make 6 report formula fields, and my response was that you can make the same formulas as fields in the table and not as Report Formulas and this have access to all 6 fields on one report. 
  • Yes, you can pull the individual selections out into their own fields in the table, using the formulas, and then do a general sum (which is not considered a formula) on as many columns as you want.
    It just duplicates the information in the table so that you can sum it.  If I have a person who puts in a number of hours of over time, the formula then copies it over into an overtime column to be summed.

But as in the original statement, I still cannot figure out why some of the reports will stop at 20 entries and the others will go to the full 28.  There does not seem to be a setting for this so I am not sure what is creating the behavior.  If the reports are only 7 columns of single numerical entries with 2 digit decimal places (no text or anything), that should be nowhere near the 1000 item limit.
    KatlynAllen
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Meredith provided the answer I came here to give- but you could sort and group by person, then by the multiple choice field? It won't show in separate columns, but you could see the data close together over rows.

------------------------------
    Katlyn Allen
    kallen@eatatjacks.com
    ------------------------------