Forum Discussion

JuanSolorio1
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

How to generate report of records related in many-to-many relationshipts

Hello everyone,

Please see attached ERD section for reference.

The goal is as follows:

1. I need to be able to generate a report for USERS listing all ELEMENTs that are being used in the PROJECTS that the user belongs to. I need to be able to display each element only once for each user, regardless of how many projects they are working on.

2. I also need to generate a report for ELEMENTS listing all USERS that are using that element via the PROJECTS that the user belongs to. I need to be able to display each user only once for each element, regardless of how many projects they are working on.

As you can see in the ERD, these tables are indirectly related through M:M relationships.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Note: I have modified the ERD as it was previously showing an incorrect relationship.

Thanks in advance,

J.

7 Replies

• Is it a requirement that this be a report or would it be good enough to be able to click a button on a user and see an embedded report of all the elements and conversely set on an element record and click a button to see all of the users involved?

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JuanSolorio1
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Mark,

The button option would definitely suffice.

J.

Juan Solorio
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Can you tell me what the Key Field is of users. And also what is the Key field of elements?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com