Forum Discussion

KpKp1
Qrew Member
9 years ago

How to use DoSave() on mobile?

I did not see DoSave() on mobile source code. I would like to make a "save" and "do" function, but got confused by how to conduct "save" on mobile.

3 Replies

• Kunpeng, I'm not aware of a DoSave() function, but have used a DoSaveAdd() function myself before. In my experience, I used to be able to run a command like "<a href='javascript:void(DoSaveAdd());top.document.location.href=\"" & URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Task ID] & "\";'>Save</a>" before and it would save my record, then redirect to the record I was editing. Unfortunately, the weekend QuickBase updated to a new UI this stopped working as it used to and I haven't been successful in another option.

The problem as I've experienced it is the DoSaveAdd() action will work by itself, and the page redirect action also works by itself. The moment I would add both into the same button however only one would trigger.

You could use this to create two separate buttons however, and train your users to press one then the other. Of course, the DoSaveAdd() is built into the native save button already so that one might not need to be created by you unless you want it to look or behave slightly different.
  • As Eric describes the DoSave() function was prominent in the source code of the old UX so people started using it. Now with the new UX that function is deeply nested inside a JavaScript file and is not visible in the HTML source. Moreover, additional functionality exists in the new UX that influence what happens when a Save Button is clicked that occur before DoSave() is even called. The bottom line is that you should not use DoSave() as you may well be sidestepping some of the functionality QuickBase implements to verify that can be saved (validation, distinct field values, conflict resolution etc).

Also, the Do in QuickBase's DoSave() simply meant execute or call the Save functionality. It did not mean do something extra after the save - That was a concept I introduced with various forms of the so call "Save and Do" Technique.
  • Hi Dan,

Do you know the function for the Delete button ? DoSave is for the Save button, but I cannot find the function for the Delete button.

Thank you !
    Mihai