Forum Discussion

KrishnaKrishna
Qrew Trainee
11 years ago

How would I specify a form rule to make all fields in a record read only on fulfillment of a condition, without specifying each field individually? The record has about a 50 odd fields.

5 Replies

• No problem.

Change the role permission to remove the ability of that role's users to edit record if that condition is true.  If the condition is complex with ANDs as well as ORs, then make a formula checkbox field called [Editable?] to evaluate the condition and then make your role permission custom rule based on that field being unchecked.
      AmberPolston
      Qrew Cadet
      Is there an easy way to apply this change to the role permissions across several different roles.  In the example below, I don't want to go into each role to change permissions since it is a platform level change.

For example, I have 10 roles, and I don't want anyone to change a record on the Procurement table once it is invoiced. 
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Choose your least worst poison._

Form rule with 50 Actions

Negotiation with the powers that be for a Role Permission change for 10 Roles but for just that one Table.

I don't see any other alternatives.
  • What don't I learn to check this before I create a rule and set each field to read only! Argghhh ... so simple! Thanks Mark