Forum Discussion

BrandonBurton
Qrew Member
7 years ago

Is there a way to move a report from table to table based on an input value?

Hi, I am in need to better organize lab requests where I work. Let's say I have 4 tables: My Requests, Pending Requests, Started Requests and Finalized Requests. We will include a dropdown that has the request status of either Pending, Started, or Finalized. How would I make this so that whenever the admin changes the status to, let's say, Pending, the request will only be shown on the pending tab and be removed from Started Requests and Finalized Requests until this is changed and so on with each other Request type?

I am new to quickbase and have very little knowledge about API. Any leadway would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brandon

5 Replies

• I VERY strongly suggest that you have just 1 table and and a status field with choices o Pending, Started and Finalized.

Do not create multiple tables to handle your work flow, just use different statues.  
    ChrisChris
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Have one table and four reports filtered to your preferences.
  • If I have one table with four reports, would it be easier to move a row between tables based on an input value?

Thank you for the responses!

• Brandon, since you are new to Quick Base, I'm not sure if you are meaning the terminology you are using.

I can't stress strongly enough that you must not make your app design with 4 tables to hold the same data tables.  It will quadriplicate your work content and make it impossible for you to have meaningful consolidated reports or your over all order status.

No one on his forum will tell you how to move a "row"  (ie a record) between tables as its really bad design to design it that way.

Just have a Multiple choice Status field on your record and update the Status as it moves along your internal workflow.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      You can have 1 report which is groups on Status ands also that report can have Dynamic filters on status.

Or else 4 reports all for the same table.