Forum Discussion

RyanBlood
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Is there a way to see what changes were made to a form, similar to a version history?

I have recently taken over the structure of Quick Base forms and I've already found that there is an error causing the form to not work. I know it had worked previously there had been changes made in the past week. I don't have a strong understanding of this tool and I was hoping to simply revert back to a previous version before to give me some time to learn up on the tool. 

Thanks!

RB 

4 Replies

• What is your error; may be that will help us guide you to a resolution.  To answer your question, in short, no there is not a "forms" tracker.  This is why when major updates are made to a form, I like to "copy" a form so I have an older version to refer to until changes are good; or copy a form and give everyone the copy until I have made updates and can roll out the original form.  Sometimes formulas point to a specific form, so you cannot simply copy and roll out new forms without checking for that first.

Let's see what your errors are...(screenshots are good) or description of behaviors.
  • Hi Ryan,

For the form builder in an application there is not a function to access previous versions or write back before changes happen. Once changes are made to a form they do go live in the app. If you are finding yourself unable to work backwards and figure out the issue you can also get help from our Care team to take a look at the form together to see if they can help you find out what has changed in your form that it is now no longer working for you. You can contact our Care team when signed into Quick Base by clicking on the question mark icon in the upper right hand corner and selecting Manage Support Cases or directly here.

Alternatively if you can give some details on the error you are running into the community members here might be able to help you identify the issue. I hope this information is helpful Ryan. 
  • Another option is to go to Support and ask for a Copy of your app to be restored from a date when you knew it was working, then you can compare the form line by line and the form rules to find the difference. Be clear that you want a copy of the app restored and not to overwrite your production app.
  • when you make a change to a form you can save it as a copy/backup first. If you make another change down the road you can overwrite that copy/backup. If you don't have a lot of forms it's a good way to keep a mock version history (at least with one previous version).