Forum Discussion

DaveBrian
Qrew Member
9 months ago

Issues with Bulk Replication of Data

We have a use-case where we would like to freeze a snapshot of month-end Inventory levels in a table that is a "clone" of our already existing Perpetual Inventory table.  In my mind, it's so easy lol - so far I have:

-Created a copy of the Perpetual Inventory table (Month-End Inventory) without any of the data.  This gives me the table structure I need - same exact fields

-When I try a Bulk Record Sets / Copy Records Pipeline step, quite a few of the fields I select from the Source table are not available in the Destination table as options.

Does anyone have any insight as to why?  I've reviewed some QB documentation on this function but do not see any documented limitations (Quickbase Help).  There are a number of fields that do not show up as options on the Destination table and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to which ones are included or not.

Screenshot of the issue showing field 'Inventory on Hand' simply does not appear as an option:

------------------------------
Dave Brian

6 Replies

• If you created an exact copy of the existing table - are any of these fields formulaic in your primary data? Inventory on hand sounds like it might be a summary or formula field. In your new table - in order to copy it over you will need to convert it to a scalar/entry field so that you can port over the values. 

Chayce Duncan
      DaveBrian
      Qrew Member

Oh yes...there are a lot of formula fields in there.  Do you know if there are limitations around fields that are references/lookups from other tables as well?  Upon further review that seems to be the case. 

I'm newer to QB, so when you say convert it to scalar/entry, what is best practice for that?

Appreciate the reply!

Dave Brian
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Since you're doing a true snapshot - you just want to convert them all to be entry fields so that nothing can change. So if in your original table the field was formula-numeric - you want to change the type to just be 'Numeric'. Do that across the board for any field that is a formula, summary field, lookup etc. The idea is that in your new table you won't have the same relationships or data feeds, so you're just storing all that data in a way that it can never change this way.

Chayce Duncan