Forum Discussion

DianeSinawi1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Lookup field not populating from parent table

I have a lookup field from a parent table, where the field auto-populates based on selection in the reference field. However today it stopped working properly. The values are all still in each record, but if I add a new record, the lookup field no longer auto-populates. Also, if I take an existing record and change the reference field value, the lookup field populates with "???", although if I put the reference field value back, the lookup field re-populates with correct value.

I've made no changes to the lookup field or the relationship. I have made other unrelated changes to the child table (which is a join table in a many-to-many relationship). I tried removing the lookup field and adding it back, but it did not fix it. Can anyone help? Thank you!

Parent table = Controls
Parent table reference field = Control ID
Parent table lookup field = Control Description (NOT WORKING)
Child table = Evidences Mapped to Controls

Adding new record:

Existing record:

------------------------------
Diane Sinawi

5 Replies

• On the top screen shot you should edit the field properties for the Related Control to set the Proxy field to be the Control Description and Controls Description  field is the one that should be on the form.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DianeSinawi1
      Qrew Member
      I don't want the Description as a proxy field - Description should auto-populate when the Control ID number is selected.​

Diane Sinawi
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Maybe try my suggestion and see how it behaves. Remove Related Control from the form.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com