Forum Discussion

ChameleonPLMAd1
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Lose sorting when exporting to .csv

I sort on a header (text field) prior to exporting, then "save as a spreadsheet".  The .csv file has the correct sorting up to row 2020 on one table (exported 31083 records), and up to row 2200 on another table (exported 23263 records).  After row 2020 and 2200 respectively, the sorting disappears and data is in no particular order.  Any ideas?

3 Replies

• How many records are being displayed on the first page of the report before the "save as a spreadsheet" button is clicked"? Maybe clicking on the header only sorts the currently displayed records. Perhaps the workaround would be to only export a saved query using its defined sorting order rather than an interactively defined sorting order through clicking on the header.

• Hi Dan - thanks for your help.   On the 23263 record table the displayed records on the first page = 200, but records displayed throughout the entire 117 displayed pages is sorting correctly.  Only the export sorting is breaking at row 2200.  This is exactly the end of page 11 in the display.  I just tried your idea and did a defined sort (under customize this report), then exported, and the exported .csv sorting is breaking at exactly the same place as when I sorted via clicking the header - row 2200 of the 23263 records.  
  • I would have to see the app and data to confirm the problem and debug. I would take it up with QuickBase support.