Forum Discussion

Axsess_EnergyGr
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

New Table format issue

I have played around a little bit with the new Table format under beta. The filtering is fine for the most part, but it apparently you can't filter on items that are not shown as columns.

This is a significant reduction in functionality.  We have many reports that are designed to filter on fields that shown as groups.  Quickbase needs to have a way to allow the user to dynamically filter on grouping fields that are not shown as columns.... and I think they should allow the user to filter on any field as is now the case.

I assume other users would think this is important.  I don't want to have to add columns just so I can filter on it. I have been waiting for the new table format for a while and now I am disappointed.

How do we get this changed by QB before the final product is released?  I submitted a case and was just told that's the plan.

Tony

------------------------------
TonyA1 TonyA1

4 Replies

• I was on a call with the Quick Base Product Manager at a demo where I asked this very question.  ie, not wanting to clutter up the width of the report with an extra column.  They are aware of the issue and do have some plans to address that.  I also pointe dout that we needed way not to be offering like 1,000 extra fields to filter on if it was a table with 1,000 fields.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      You can put in a User Voice.  They do read those.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Axsess_EnergyGr
      Qrew Cadet
      Mark...thanks.  I will submit via User Voice.

Tony

TonyA1 TonyA1
        Axsess_EnergyGr
        Qrew Cadet
        Alice from Quickbase just responded and said they will have a way to dynamically filter on fields that are not used as columns.

TonyA1 TonyA1