Forum Discussion

MattHolmen
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Notifications to a Selected List

I am trying to create a notification on a table, but I need the ability to select specific Vendors to send the email to.

What I have:

Vendor Table --> Contacts Table

Project Table --> Contracts Table 

When I am on a Project screen, I see all of my contracts associated with it. 

I would like to add a button (see above) here that would allow me to choose from a list of ALL vendors in the system, that I can send a notification too.

I believe I need a lookup of some kind, but a Relationship allows me to Add Vendors, not choose the ones I want.

My thought is to somehow create a new table that stores a Vendor/Contract relationship and go from there, however I am not sure exactly how to make it so I am easily choosing vendors (again not creating).

Thanks!

------------------------------
Matt Holmen

2 Replies

• Are you trying to send Notifications to Vendors or more likely Vendor Contacts which would have email addresses.

It sounds like you need a Many to Many join table where One Contract has many "Contract Contacts" (new table)  and One Contact is used on many "Contract Contacts".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MattHolmen
      Qrew Member
      Yes, to the vendor contacts, however I only want the person selecting to choose the Vendor as there could be multiple contacts, and I do not want them to have to choose which one. I will want to send to ALL the contacts or possibly a marked default contact (that part isn't defined yet)

Do you know of a way that I can have a multi-select or similar to choose all the vendors, instead of having them need to 'add' each vendor individually?

Matt Holmen