Forum Discussion

JoshuaCase
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Pipeline - SharePoint Item Search Issue

I am creating a pipeline to update existing items in a SharePoint list when an item is updated in a Quick Base table.  When I do the step to look up the item in SP (SharePoint) I am unable to find the record via a search of its record  #tag that matches the QB Record ID#.  The SP list has over 3,000 items in it.  Is there an item limit that Pipelines can search through for SP items?

------------------------------
Joshua Case

5 Replies

• I have pipelines that search through nearly 200k records in a single table and I'm sure others have even larger data sets, so 3k shouldn't be a problem. I would double-check to see if both values are stored as the same data type. Also, if they're stored as numeric values, you may have to force Pipelines to convert the search value to an integer for the match (not sure about that, but I know I've had numeric issues with Pipelines).

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      JoshuaCase
      Qrew Cadet

So if I made the column type maybe a line of text would that work best?  Also the SharePoint is an older site, could that be contributing to the error? 

At the issues simplest form if I run a single step of just "search items", point it at the SharePoint and the correct list, add conditions where "QB ID" equals 602 (a known items related QB ID), I get a result of no records found.

Could it have to do with field or column needing to be in the default report for the list?

Joshua Case

BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain

Text searches will always take longer, so that would be up to you. And, regarding the SP site's age, I doubt that has anything to do with it. If Pipelines is passing a numeric value - using 602 like your example - it will push 602.0. To fix this, you have to force Pipelines to utilize the Integer function like this:

{{a.search_number | int}}

This will force Pipelines to push 602 instead of 602.0 . Anywhere you think this may matter, I would encourage you to utilize the INT function and re-test it before making changes to the field types.

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/