Forum Discussion

TinaRevermann
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Pipeline and Google Docs

Hoping someone can help.   I have a table called Projects.   I have a google docs file called Job Packet.    I would like to take info out of that projects table and fill the Job Packet info.   for example.   in projects have a field called "Full Name".  in the google Doc file have a line that reads:   Project: "Full Name".   I understand that I can use pipelines to replace text in a Google Docs File and that I have figured out how to do. 

What I am having problems with is:
  1. The trigger.   What do I use as a trigger?  I would love to have a button on the Projects table that I could click.
  2. How do I get google docs not to save the report and always go back to the template.   In other words if I run it for Project "ABC" will Google Docs now save "Full Name" as "ABC"?

I don't need to save this, don't need to record this. I basically need to be able to press a button and print the document out for my supervisors(who have access to the app) to print to give to his employees. 

Thank you,

------------------------------
Tina Revermann

4 Replies

• @Tina Revermann

1.  You could forgo the Trigger at all, and run it on a schedule if you like. If you want to trigger via a button, you could use the Incoming Request action in the Webhooks channel and design a button that would send a GET request to the Endpoint that action provides you.
    2. I don't think I fully understand what you're trying to accomplish with this. Can you elaborate a little bit?

Justin Torrence
    Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
    jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
    https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/
      TinaRevermann
      Qrew Member
      At the beginning of a project we will have guys that do not have access to the app (laborers, truck drivers, etc) that will need to know some information.  ie. (jobsite address, material pick up address, hours, etc).   The foreman sees it and can relay it BUT I would like him to be able to click a button and it print or at least open so he can click print to hand to his guys.    I know I could build a report but there are alot of different fields and it is best on a doc then an spreadsheet. 

There are also field that I don't want the laborers, truck drivers, etc to see.   Hence why I want to build a doc.    I was thinking that google docs may be the best place to store this template.    unless you have another option. 

Tina Revermann