Forum Discussion

RoryCrew
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Relationships - Parent, child and proxies

Def a noob question, but I've tried everything!

I have Registration Table:
  • UUID [key], alphanumeric code means nothing
  • Name
  • Telephone number

Transfers table:
We get a list each month from suppliers of who they transferred money to in a month. We get:
  • Telephone number
  • Amount transfered
  • Date of transfers

I'd like the amount and date of transfer to appear in the Registration table. 

My issue is, I see Registration table as the Parent, and I can only create the relationship based on the key, which doesn't appear in table two. The phone numbers should match however.

I've tried flipping the parent / child relationship around, that didn't work either.

Any advice would be super helpful!

(I tried using a third table that had UUID and telephone number, but this seemed overly complicated and was another dataset to maintain).

------------------------------
Rory Crew

4 Replies

• In order to get them to match up automatically, you would need to set the Phone # field in your Registrations table as the Key field.  You should try this first in a Copy of the app if you have never changed a Key field.​

I don't know how many relationships the Registrations table has now where it is the Parent, but if it has many relationships, then you definitely need to test or look to a QSP for some assistance,

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      RoryCrew
      Qrew Member
      Thanks appreciate it!

I can't use the phone number as a primary key as it may change for some people.

On the QSP front, I've contacted the makers of DC many to many, Veilsun and Juiced technology's triggers. Are there any others I should consider?

Cheers

Rory

Rory Crew
        DonLarson
        Qrew Commander
        Rory,

I highly recommend Juiced Triggers.   This has a great Search Feature will allow you to add the record to the Transfers Table and then the Trigger will find the correct Parent in the Registration table and relate them.

Don Larson
        Paasporter
        Westlake OH