Forum Discussion

MarkCorcoran
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Removing Javascript Screen Refresh from URL Formula Fields

I started my Quick Base app years ago, and the best way (at that time) to do a screen refresh was with this nifty snipped of javascript (which I know nothing about). 

"javascript:" &
"$.get('" &
$URL &
"',function(){" &
"location.reload(true);" &
"});"
& "void(0);

It has worked great over the years, but now Quick Base is no longer going to support javascript in URL Formula fields.  My question is how do I get the same functionality?  Am I supposed to create a code page with just this snippet on it and call it from the formula field? - I've never created a code page (never had too) - so calling one is new to me as well.. Is there a better way to do the refresh? - actually if it just refreshed the child records (embedded report) that would be even better.

Basically I have an embedded report (ie.. invoice line items - child records).. and each line item has a button to "copy" or "delete" the line item, then refresh so it is displayed on the screen.  

Thanks for any help or insight on how I can keep my line item buttons working.
Mark

------------------------------
Mark Corcoran

4 Replies

MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      Here is another way to say the same thing more generically and written similar to that previous Javascript method that you were using.

var text URL =  your URL goes here;

// then this part below will always be the same.

$URL

& "&rdr="&URLEncode( URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkCorcoran
        Qrew Cadet
        This works good, thanks for the solution!

Mark Corcoran