Forum Discussion

JohnArniotis1
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Select user button

I have 3 tables, goals, mentor and mentee. The goals table is a parent to both the mentor and mentee table. When a user enters a goal they have the option to select whether they want to be come a mentor or a mentee and based on that selection will show the add mentor or add mentee button which directs the user to the respective table / form. The goal is to compile a list of approved mentors that can be paired up with a mentee depending on skills or careers the mentee selects. I currently have all of that working with a simple report link which filters the mentor report based on concatenated fields in both tables.

Once the mentee selects a mentor from the list I want to include a button that will extract the name from the mentor table and edit a selected mentor field on the mentee table. I have created a relationship between both tables with the mentor table set up as the parent but I am not really leveraging that at the moment. Since both tables have data entered by 2 different users and those records do not have to interact until this point does anyone have an idea on how to connect the 2 records so that I may pass information between them? I have tried URL buttons and automations but I can not seem to figure out how to pass the appropriate record IDs for this to work. Based on the current workflow there can only be one mentor record per employee but each employee can have multiple mentee records.

FYI, the reason these two tables are separated is due to the approval process. Once the user selects a skill or career to either be mentored on or to become a mentor their Supervisor has to approve the request via an email notification with rich text buttons to edit the appropriate fields. At that point the mentor will be added to the suggested mentors list and the mentee will be given access to view the suggested mentor list filtered to their selection.

------------------------------
John Arniotis
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply