Forum Discussion

ChrisSwirtz
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Showing a different Link Field on the Parent Record than the Record ID for the Report Link in a Relationship

Currently I have a relationship between my Purchasing table and Shipping Log table where one Purchase has many Shipping Logs and I have the Report Link set to show a link to the record versus the list. That defaults to showing the related records Record ID, how do I get it to show a different Field in the related record? Or is there a URL formula perhaps to return the field I am looking for in the related record to show on the Parent Record? I want the [Shipment #] field to show on the Parent Record.​

------------------------------
Chris Swirtz

6 Replies

• If the Shipment # is ​Unique and that is a lookup field from Purchasing down to Shipping Logs, then you can make a new Report Link field and configure the the Field Properties to have the Shipment ID# on the left (from the Purchasing table) and the Shipping ID# from the Shipping Logs table on the right.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChrisSwirtz
      Qrew Cadet
      The Shipping # is a unique number but it originates in the Shipping Log (Child Table) so I need a way to have it show in the related Purchasing Table record (Parent table)

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Is there only one child shipping log per Parent Purchasing?  Is The Shipping Log# a numeric or text field type?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com