Forum Discussion

JeffLove
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

SMS/Text Message Solution for outbound, inbound and MMS that work for international numbers

We want to use triggers to send text messages outbound, receive replies with keywords to kick off other steps and also be able to receive images MMS.  The operation is overseas so the numbers are international, though they are within the one country.  We have investigated Juiced MyText and that fails for cDyne for international numbers MMS does not work.

Does anyone know if the Twilio and Pipeline solutions for example extend to receiving replies and MMS replies for international numbers? Send SMS Text Messages with Pipelines and Twilio

------------------------------
Thanks, Jeff

2 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    It looks like Twilio can do it for some countries but not all. It's a pretty short list. It also states in order to receive messages you must have a number specific to that users country. https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/223183068-Twilio-international-phone-number-availability-and-their-capabilities

Looking at Pipelines it seems like you would need a trigger for every phone number in your account with Twilio which could grow to be quite a lot. I don't see any limitation as far as international numbers. It should just receive the message from Twilio.

Not sure about MMS but I do see that Twilio itself only supports US and Canada for that, both for sending and receiving. It also states they must be long code numbers on the receiving part. So it must be a full 10 digit phone number and cannot be from short code numbers.
      JeffLove
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks Austin for your insights, I have also done some additional follow up and have learned that...

1. For +1 numbers (US + Canada) Juiced is a good solution outbound, inbound and MMS...it will also do outbound, inbound texts overseas, just not MMS overseas.

2. Twilio with Pipelines is similar in that they do not support MMS overseas and have no timeline to support MMS outside of +1.

3. There are a few small players, we are in Australia, that have outbound, inbound and MMS, one MessageMedia connects with Zapier so that makes it straight forward to get outbound and inbound working, it has an online dashboard where the MMS are visible, though it doesn't look like MMS is supported in the Zap structure...I am waiting to hear back from their technical people.

Thanks, Jeff