Forum Discussion

RachelMiller
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Sorting Items on a Calendar

​I am trying to sort events on a calendar alphabetically so the order will remain the same on each day, when a particular day(s) has multiple events.  I have tried changing the default settings for reports but this has not fixed my issue.  Below are the details of my calendar report.

I have a field called Application/Tool and another field called Task.  My calendar displays a third field which is a formula field that combines Application/Tool and Task into one field called Task - Calendar Label.  I would like my calendar to display the events in alphabetic order by Application/Tool so the rows stay in the same order when there are multiple events on the same day or in the same block of days.  Is there a formula I can use to accomplish this? 

In the example below, I would like the TSM event (yellow) for the 13th - 17th to appear last on each of those days.  As a second example, if alphabetized, the Oracle event (orange) would appear before the ORS events (blue) that begin on the 15th.  Will (can) QB recognize the Oracle event happening on the 15th even though that isn't the start date for it? 

------------------------------
Rachel Miller

2 Replies

• I don't think what you are asking for can be done because each event which spans multiple days is a single bar, and the bar cannot be broken up into separate entries by day.

BUT, you could create a process via an Automation to create child records to separate each event into its separate days, Then they would sort properly.  But that would take some setup to get that working and would create a problem in that you could not allow users to edit those child records.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      RachelMiller
      Qrew Cadet

Thank you Mark. 

------Original Message------

I don't think what you are asking for can be done because each event which spans multiple days is a single bar, and the bar cannot be broken up into separate entries by day.

BUT, you could create a process via an Automation to create child records to separate each event into its separate days, Then they would sort properly.  But that would take some setup to get that working and would create a problem in that you could not allow users to edit those child records.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      markshnier2@gmail.com