Forum Discussion

JoeGoodhart
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Summary Fields and Relationships

Table 1:  Project Specific Revenue Data is entered into fields each month.  12 fields, one for each month, with another field for 'year', and another field for which 'division' the project is in.

Table 2:  Total Revenue is entered into fields each month.  12 fields, one for each month, with another field for 'year', and another field for 'division'.  None of these fields are lookup fields from table 1, as the reference in table 1 is project name.

What I want to do:  Make a summary report which sums up total of the 12 fields in table 2, and sums up the total of the 12 fields in table 1.  To see what % of project revenue makes up total revenue.

I have tried building the summary report in either table, but I cannot get the 'total' of the 12 fields to pull in.  (count seems to work though)

I also tried a many to many relationship by building a 3rd table, but still cannot get it to work.

------------------------------
J G1987

5 Replies

• Would it help to create a formula numeric field which sums up the 12 fields on each record? That would be much easier to work with on a summary report as it's only one field instead of 12.

A Brown
      JoeGoodhart
      Qrew Member

Thanks for the response.  I did the formula numeric to sum the 12 month fields.  But, when pulling this field into the summary report, the value is null.  

J G1987
        AhuvaBrown
        Qrew Trainee

Can you provide screenshots of the field and the summary report?

A Brown
  • You need to at least have a relationship between the two tables so that the Project Revenue table is a child to the Total Revenue table. Then you can make things a lot easier because:

1. You will not have to enter the Total Revenue. Instead, you would have summary fields for each month's field from the Project to the Total
    2. You can then do a formula on the Total table to get the Total Revenue for the Year value and take that down to the Project table as a Lookup.
    3. Using the Lookup from the Total, you can build a formula to calculate the % of Total for each Project 
    4. You can create a Summary Report on the Projects table (with no filter) that shows the % of Total for each Project and then use that report as an embedded report on the Total's record to show the associated Projects

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/