Forum Discussion

JarrarAbbas
Qrew Member
2 years ago

The Application Token has not been assigned to this Application

Hello all!
From url-formula button, I'm trying to check a checkbox which is present in the same table but whenever I click the button I get the error saying...

<qdbapi>
<action>API_EditRecord</action>
<errcode>24</errcode>
<errtext>Invalid Application Token</errtext>
<errdetail>The Application Token *apptoken* has not been assigned to this Application. To read about assigning an Application Token to your application go to https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/app_tokens.html</errdetail>
</qdbapi>

If([Arrivy test checkbox field] = false, URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord" &
"&rid=" & [Record ID#] &
"&apptoken=xxxx" &
"&_fid_130=1" & //this is the checkbox field
"&rdr=" &
URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &
"?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#]),

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord" &
"&rid=" & [Record ID#] &
"&apptoken=xxxx" &
"&_fid_130=0" & //this is the checkbox field
"&rdr=" &
URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &
"?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#]))

I've removed apptoken for this question posting but my account has correct apptoken. Apptoken is linked with the app in which table is present. Can you please help me out what I'm doing wrong  ?

------------------------------
Jarrar Abbas

1 Reply

• I believe that you are confusing the concept of a user token with an application token. You can check if your app has application tokens enabled, (clearly it does), in the settings for the application itself, i.e. settings at the application level and not the table level ....   in Advanced Settings you will see a link for application tokens and in your case it's enabled and you will probably find that you have not created an application token. Go ahead and create an application token and insert that into your code.  

A user token is something completely different and it's not used in API calls like this. Your alternative is to disable the need for application tokens. You will have to read up about application tokens and decide if that extra level of security is important to you or not. I would say that most of my clients don't bother using that extra layer of security.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com