Forum Discussion

MichaelMurphree
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Updating a date field

I've run across something I thought would be more straightforward, but I can't find the resolution.

I have a Sales CRM with a field for sales stage that is populated with by selections from a list (Lead, Proposed, Closed/Lost, Closed/Won, etc.).

I have another field for "Close Date."

When a user selects the Sales Stage as "Closed/Won" or "Closed Lost," I'd like the "Closed Date" field to be automatically updated to the current date.  The only way I've attempted is using the "Today" function, but ever time I log in, it updates *all* closed opportunities to the current date.

Is there a simple solution to this?

------------------------------
Michael Murphree

3 Replies

• Is all your data entry on a form or are your users also doing the update to the sales stage by grid edit?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MichaelMurphree
      Qrew Member
      Primarily on the form.

Michael Murphree
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Well, when you say primarily on a form that means not always on a form. If you want to control this informal rules you can set up a form rule that when the closed date is equal to blank and the status is equal to any of the status says you are triggering on then the action is to change the close date to the current date.

But dynamic form rules only work when a user is editing a record on forms.  If you also need this to work in Grid Edit, then  you need to set up a pipeline to detect where the close date is blank and that status field has changed on the status field is one of those two values and then write the current date into that field.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com