Forum Discussion

lynnellenmcleod
Qrew Member
10 years ago

Users are always asking us ""did my form save?"" How to add an on-screen confirmation message?

Users are always asking us "did my form save?" How do we add a simple on-screen message after they click save that says something like "Thanks, your form was saved." This should be simple but I cannot find a rule that works or a help article that explains it anywhere.

8 Replies

• Odd request.  When you save here is that big yellow message that says its "Saving".  Why would they want confirmation that it did save?
  • who knows why users think the way they do? seriously, these are people who never use quickbase.  the message says "saving.." not "saved", and the little "record saved" notice is apparently missed or they don't know what "record" means. I'd like to display a plain english message.
  • When the User saves, their screen should change either back to where they came from or to Display Mode from Edit mode.  That should be a good indication that the record has been saved.  Adding pop-up dialog boxes with custom SAVE buttons is likely to cause more confusion that is currently there; since you cannot simply turn off the  default SAVE buttons at the top.
  • so it sounds like this is not possible in quickbase, right?

...a simple on-screen message after they click save that says something like "Thanks, your form was saved."

I don't want to add  a popup. I can't customize the "record saved" message or add our own message?
  • Apart from the "saving..." message which is default, the simple answer is no.
  • Lynn.. Once you save the record yellow color prompt says Saving.... and once your record got saved it also provides message in plain English "XXX saved". here "XXX is your table record name.

I guess you can show this to your users.
      AdamBussey
      Qrew Member
      Hey, a home button is the answer to this. All the user really wants to know is how to get back to what next. I have "return to home page" formula url's at the top and bottom of almost all my forms, it is game changer.