Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Users Reappearing in the App After they have been Removed

Got nowhere with support, so I'm putting this out to the community. Does anyone else have issues with Users that have been removed from an App showing back up in the App at random intervals?

This has been happening repeatedly for the last few months, and it's really getting annoying. I have a lot of List User fields, and utilize the Default User List, because I don't want to have to edit each of those fields every time someone comes or goes. It's not a matter of access, because when they leave they are put on the Denied list, but it does mean that when things are being assigned, those old users expand the selection list from 50 people to 200.

I know it will happen whenever I have to edit old records, and so if the removed user is on the record they will reappear in the App, but it also happens completely at random, and whenever there is a big Quick Base release. I have been unable to track down a specific cause for the completely random occurrences, though. I do know that instead of getting better, it's getting worse. I've already had to remove users twice this week alone.

14 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Do you possibly have automations or actions running? Some kind of webhook that may be editing or changing records?
  • They are only setup to trigger on records that have changed, so that wouldn't be happening every day. In reality, I'm the only one updating any old records that may have these old users on them, and that doesn't happen very often (an annual review, and if there is a major client change).

• I've gone through all of my automations, and checked for any records attached to the users, and there are no changes. The users are still showing up every day.
      ChrisNewsome
      Qrew Captain
      Did you ever get this resolved? I am experiencing the same issue (on a smaller scale).

------------------------------
      Chris Newsome
      ------------------------------
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        Have you tried going to the user list and deselecting "show in user pickers"? That might be a way to do it. Denying people from the app does not remove them from the user list.