Forum Discussion

AlexandriaLewis
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Email Notifications: exclude a user in a user list, email the rest of the list

What I'm trying to do:
Email "subscribers" user list when entry modified, exclude current user if in list (subscribers) but still email the other users listed.

Condition I tried:
When Subscribers(user list) does not include <the current user>
Result:
blocks the whole list

So I assume I need to make a formula list user field, pull in the subscribers list to iterate over, exclude the user if equal to current user, and use this formula user list to email on modification. I just don't know how to do that in quick base.

Any help is appreciated!

------------------------------
Alexandria Lewis

3 Replies

• I will respond later tonight if no one beats me to it.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      try this

var user UserField = [Last Modified by]; // set the user field
      var userlist MyUserlist = [Userlist]; // set the Userlist field

ToUserList(
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),1,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),1,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),2,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),2,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),3,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),3,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),4,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),4,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),5,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),5,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),6,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),6,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),7,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),7,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),8,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),8,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),9,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),9,";"))),
      If(ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),10,";")) <> $UserField, ToUser(Part(ToText($MyUserlist),10,";")))
      )

I assume that you want to send out an email to a list of users in n a userlist field, but not include emailing he user who just saved the record.  So its [Last Modified by} that we want to remove from the User list.

You can continue the pattern for up to 20 users.  That formula above will do up to 10 users

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        AlexandriaLewis
        Qrew Member
        This worked thank you! I would love a for loop

Alexandria Lewis