Forum Discussion

AdamKrzyzanek
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Restrict - Customize this Report to Admin

I am having Central Report which can be used but different users.

Standard User cannot Save Common Reports.

But there are Key Users roles which can Save Common Reports.

Is there a way to restrict Central Report in a way that:

1. All can see
  2. Nobody can change it (specially Key User) ā€“ Only Admin Role
  3. When anybody would like to change report it should behave as "without option Save Common Report" so always Save As

Aim: To make sure Key User does not change Central Report by mistake.

------------------------------
Adam Krzyzanek

4 Replies

BabiPanjikar
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Go to your custom roles under user-roles. Navigate to user interface tag and check  Hide UI for creating and customizing reports.

Babi Panjikar
      AdamKrzyzanek
      Qrew Captain

This is not what I want to achieve. As selecting it would remove completely option to save reports by the user.

I want them to save, change the reports, but not the one I "restrict"

Adam Krzyzanek
  • Hi Adam,

There is not a permissions to restrict the ability to edit one specific report for a role or user. If a user is in a role that has the permissions to create and edit a report they get access to edit all of them. If you think the ability to lock down edit permissions for specific reports is something that would be helpful to you I would suggest submitting it to our User Voice as feedback. User Voice is a tool our Product Development team uses to track interest in new features and enhancements to existing features. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials.

If you do create a User Voice request for this I would suggest dropping a link to it here in this thread, that way other Community users with the same need can add their votes to show support. Thank you for your time Adam.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base