Forum Discussion

Re: Subscription Email Not Received By All Recipients

User "J" doesn't have access to the Quickbase application and user "R" is on the denied list.  I thought a report (in csv) could be sent to colleagues without having access to the application but I'm now wondering if that is the issue.

The recipients will not be using the application regularly so their access will end up being disabled after so long which is part of the reason I went with a subscription.

------------------------------
Rachel Miller

4 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
    Right, that is why I was asking you to test as user.  Subscriptions respect the permissions of the user.  So, users on the Deny list will get diddly squat.  A typical use of the Deny List is for Terminated employees.  You would not want Terminated Employees to continue to receive subscription reports.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RachelMiller
      Qrew Cadet
      Thank you Mark.  I was thinking we had the ability to use any email address since we can type them in.

Rachel Miller
        EvanMartinez
        Qrew Elite
        Hi Rachel,

Just to piggy back on Mark's answer being denied or not having access would effect their ability to get Subscriptions and Reminders. You can still send a notification out to non QB users but only if that notification was set up to be the Open type and if you target specific emails but Subscriptions and Reminders just have that extra layer to focus them.

Evan Martinez
      VW
      Qrew Trainee
      Hello,

I am having this same problem as well, but all my users do have access to the app.

Do I have to enter all individual email address?

Am I able to designate who to email by pulling from the entry in the form?  For example, if I have a field called "PRM Email" can I enter "[PRM Email]" as the recipient for subscription or reminder email?  I know this method works for notification emails.

Thank you!

V W