Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

View Audit Table

Any advice on how to create a view audit table?  I have a table for Company Policies and Procedures.

Anytime a user opens a record I want to record the day and time they viewed it.  This way if I post a new procedure I can look a few days later to see if everyone read it.  And hold people accountable if they are ignoring them and not viewing the entries.

I created a Policies and Procedures Audit Table with a relationship so 
Policies and Procedures<Policies and Procedures Audit Table

But I am not sure how to auto create the record whenever the record is opened.  It would be much easier if I was doing it via an edit but I am not.

Thanks!

------------------------------
Ivan Weiss

2 Replies

• You would have to take away the native view option on all reports and replace it with a url formula button which would add a record to an audit trail child table and then display the record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      Mark, thanks for triggering a good idea.  I am not going to follow that exactly but every item in this table generates a company wide notification so everyone is aware of the new policy.  I can place a button on the form that will mark that they acknowledge receipt of it and through that log the entry!

Thanks!

Ivan Weiss