Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Service Issues?

Posted 11-03-2021 11:15
    Edited by Paul Peterson 11-03-2021 11:15

I have multiple users reporting pages not loading, spinning circles while pages trying to load, 502 errors, etc.  Is anyone else experiencing issues?

@EvanMartinez

------------------------------
    Paul Peterson

• 2.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-03-2021 11:22
    Hi Paul,

I checked in and we haven't detected a platform issue right now and don't have cases coming in on it. That could mean that you might be experiencing some performance issues on your app(s), do you know if it is specific apps on your account or is it happening all over in multiple apps? Either way I suggest putting in a case with our Tech Support team to check in on the issue so they can see what might be going on. It also helps us find out if we have more than one case come in with issues. You can put in a case here in Community by selecting Support where it appears in the global navigation bar or in Quickbase by clicking on the question mark icon in the global navigation and selecting Manage Support Cases.

Evan Martinez

• 3.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-03-2021 11:30
    This is impacting multiple apps.  In fact I cannot even open apps from My Apps.  I get a 502 Error when trying to open an app.

Paul Peterson

• 4.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-03-2021 12:11
    Hi Paul,

You should definitely put in a case with our Tech Support team and let them know the apps impacted so they can dig into what you are experiencing. They can pull up more performance specifics.

Evan Martinez

• 5.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-04-2021 08:36
    The issue was identified to be a formula query field in one app. Whenever I try to save the field every app on the realm goes down for several minutes.  The code I used was presented in a workshop in the 2021 Empower.  All I changed were the field names and numbers.  It worries me that 1 field can take down an entire realm.

Paul Peterson

• 6.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-04-2021 08:57
    Formula Queries on large data sets can take down an app.  How many records were involved and what was the nature of the Query.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-04-2021 09:31
    I understand the possibility of taking down an APP, but am very concerned that it took down the entire realm.  The table being queried has just over 263k records, 43 fields per record, taking up about 18 MB.  In the same workshop that presented the code I used they queried a dataset of over 300k records in a fraction of a second.

The query was:  SearchAndReplace(ToText(GetFieldValues(GetRecords("{'31'.GT.0}", $tableID), 77)), "> ; <", "><") 

The overall function of the field is to generate a dynamic HTML table in a rich text field.

Paul Peterson

• 8.  RE: Service Issues?

Posted 11-04-2021 10:12
    If it took down multiple applications most likely those apps are interdependent and as a result have to live together in the same server in order to correctly pull up data. This most often happens when apps have cross app relationships, use report links across apps, or saved table to table imports that go across applications. When they are connected like that if an unusual level activity appears on one it can impact them all, which we often recommend where possible finding opportunities to break those applications apart so they do not need to share resources to help avoid situations like this. One of the advantages of moving data around using Sync or Pipelines is that it doesn't make apps interdependent like cross apps can. In the workshop they were most likely demoing on an app that didn't share these dependencies on other applications, that can contribute to customers having unique performance experiences depending on the way their apps are built and inter-related.

Evan Martinez