Forum Discussion

NarayananKumbak
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

I created some basic changes (renaming fields, adding a few fields and readjusting fields in a form) on Sandbox App and published it after verification. However, the form got messed up in the LIVE app. In addition, I have lost the button which allows customize form. The data fields added and modified seem alright. What did I do wrong? Any suggestion to get back the customize option?

------------------------------
NK23 NK23

6 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    What do you mean by your form got messed up? What exactly happened?

After deploying the sandbox you must also disable the sandbox feature, if you want the app to behave as if it was not ready to be sandboxed. As in if you want to make changes in production. It is under App Properties > Advanced Settings > Sandbox "Enable change management through a dedicated sandbox". Uncheck that box.

I think they expect people that have the Sandbox feature enabled to make every single change through the sandbox every single time. Which is definitely not the way I personally work with them so is not ideal.
      NarayananKumbak
      Qrew Cadet
      Thank you for your suggestion, I got back the "customize form" button after disabling Sandbox.

However, whatever the changes I have made to the form (re-positioning fields, adding dynamic from rules, etc) in the Sandbox did not get transferred to the LIVE App.

NK23 NK23
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        When you deployed the sandbox did it list the changes you mentioned? It should tell you what is going to be affected but the list isn't 100% accurate yet from what I have seen.

No errors or anything?