Forum Discussion

MaxDeGenova
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Basic Check Ledger - Please Help This QB Rookie

Hi all,

Could anyone point me in the right direction for information on creating and formatting a basic check ledger table (i.e. to track credits and debits to/from a checking account)?

I have a parent table "Clients" with many children tables. Each Client has one checking account with many transactions, so I want to create an "Account Transactions" child table. The issue is that I'm relatively new to QuickBase and have never set-up a table that uses formulas in such a way that an account balance can be tracked across records with the same parent.

I'd like to be able to run a report for a given Client and see a classic-style check ledger with payee/payor, description, amount, confirmation #, date, balance, etc.

Any pointers would be an immense help.

Thanks,
Max​

------------------------------
Max DeGenova

1 Reply

• Hi Max,

You would just set up a table for transactions and then set up a relationship where one bank account has many transactions. He would put all your required fields on the transactions table. Then you would have a summary which would total up the sum of the transactions back up to the bank account record. That would be the running total amount in the bank account.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com