Forum Discussion

NathanMaubert
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Create a ""shopping cart"" to add multiple child records in many-to-many relationship

I have a many-to-many relationship and I am looking to create a "shopping cart" where by a user can select multiple entries and create child records for a many-to-many relationship.

I can break the tables down as follows:

Receiving Slip -> Item Receipt <- Items

Essentially when items are received they are added to a receiving slip.  Items are related to the receiving slip by the vendor and are filtered in the report by items outstanding. I have tried using the process selected records to select records from the items table however I am not sure how to pass the related receiving slip into items table to process the records and created the Item Receipts.  Ideally I would like to code the item selection table in a pop-up. Anyone done something similar?

1 Reply

• I often set up a quick select method for my clients which i can demo if you contact me directly.  it usually takes about 90 minutes of consulting time to setup.  The user launches off a Receiving slip and that Receiving slip [Record ID#] is stored in a table of Users where the Key field is Userid.  if the Userid does not exists then the launch button creates the Userid record.

The button then redirects to any report you like (for example items supplied from that vendor) and the user can click click click click as many lines on that report and on each click a child record is created on the Many to many Item Receipt table with a quiet pop up message that does not disturb the report.  Then when done, the user click a link to get back to the receiving slip parent record to observe that indeed the child record have been added as expected  and could cross check the item count to the suppliers packing slip.  The user would then Grid Edit the qty received.

I usually set it up so that Items cannot be duplicated on the Item Receipt table for a given Receiving Slip.

I can be contacted at QuickBaseCoach.com