Forum Discussion

EOMDevelepors
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Dialog Setup

Has anyone successfully create a dialog box and can share step by step instruction on how to do it. I think a lot of users will appreciate such instructions.

Thanks  

8 Replies

• There are a few options depending on your need.

Each field has a field help text box that you can enter text into for display when a user hovers over the "i" icon:

You can also display a message when a user opens a form using a dynamic form rule:

You can also use the image on load (IOL) technique to do a variety of things. This post has the details; be aware that Quick Base does not support this capability and it could lose functionality in the future:

https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/how-to-dialog

• I am aware of the above. I am looking to implement the dialog of the above link however I need step by step instructions on how to do it.

Thanks
  • Thanks for everyone. I got to build my first dialog and is very cool. I am still working on different parts within my dialog but as for the first step I am done. Thanks. I hope to post step by step instructions once I complete it.
      EOMDevelepors
      Qrew Captain
      The use case would be when you have a task that the user has to select from a list an outcome option approved declined etc. which would direct the project in different ways based on the outcome. Right now the user needs to edit the record, select the option from a related drop down, and select done. With a dialog this all can be done with a button without even entering the record.