Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
4 years ago
Solved

'Is Set' in Pipelines

What does the 'in set' condition mean in pipelines? Does it simply mean, if that field is entered? If so, how is that different than having a trigger on that field?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush
------------------------------
  • Correct.  "Is set" can be used to detect non blank entries in I believe any field type except a checkbox.  For checkbox you say equals, and then wait a bit and it will offer up Yes No as options.

3 Replies

• Correct.  "Is set" can be used to detect non blank entries in I believe any field type except a checkbox.  For checkbox you say equals, and then wait a bit and it will offer up Yes No as options.

• Thank you BarryDolan , I had this question too and didn't understand it.

For those of you who might not have time to dig through the articles, "is set" means there is some value in the field.  I was trying to use this as part of a filter that was checking if a checkbox was clicked or not... I thought it meant that the checkbox was "set", but it doesn't.  If you use "is set" on a checkbox, it will always pass the filter because checkboxes always have a value (true/false or 1/0 or something, but never null/empty).  

Now I have to go find out how to actually filter on a checkbox... is it true/false or is it 1/0... but that's a question for another thread I suppose.