Forum Discussion

LashellThomas
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Join/Integrated Table (Cross Apps)

Is it possible to use the same join/integrated table across apps and set the import field correctly.

App A has a join table field for projects and organizations to allow multiple organizations to be added in an embedded form within App A. Would like App B to use populate the field correctly when its information is imported to App A in a daily automation. 

Do I use a cross-app relationship or connected table to set-up the fields in App B  -  to give App B the same connection to the same join/integrated table as A - so I can just set the import values one time in the daily automation import.

------------------------------
Lashell Thomas

2 Replies

• Hi Lashell,

Just to clarify in App A you currently have a Projects and Organizations table and you are using a join table between the two to allow you put multiple organizations to your Projects. I assume in App B you also have a table of Projects and you are looking to pull over your list of Organizations and create another join table between Projects and Organizations in App B? 

If so then a sync table pulling over your Organizations table will help you to treat the Organizations table in App A as your single source of truth (new organizations would be added there and existing organizations would be updated there) and then you could create another join table between Projects (App B) and Organizations (Sync table in App B). This way you could replicate the build you have but maintain one table as your source of truth. I hope that helps with your question.

Evan Martinez
      LashellThomas
      Qrew Member

this makes sense.  I then have to import that information from App B (join table) back into App A (Join table).  How do I have the import match the same project from App B into the same one in App (given that they are both different project tables).

Lashell Thomas, MPH, FACHE, PMP, CSSGB, PAHM | Manager, Project Management

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT OF INFORMATION:

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.

This e-mail may also contain protected health information (PHI) with information about sensitive medical conditions, including, but not limited to, treatment for substance use disorders, behavioral health, HIV/AIDS, or pregnancy. This type of information may be protected by various federal and/or state laws which prohibit any further disclosure without the express written consent of the person to whom it pertains or as otherwise permitted by law. Any unauthorized further disclosure may be considered a violation of federal and/or state law. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information may NOT be sufficient consent for release of this type of information.

Thank you, Aetna