Forum Discussion

PhilDupont
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Relationships & Entry Request for Assistance

I'm struggling to accomplish something that I expected to be somewhat simple, but I can't seem to figure out on my own.

I have a table of "Deals" that I am trying to associate with another table of "Spaces" (think parking spaces in a parking lot).

Essentially I want the form on the deals form to allow me to add multiple unassigned spaces to a given deal. Almost like assigned seating on an airplane.

When I create a one to many relationship, it adds an 'Add Space' button and after changing the linked report to display the records of associated spaces I can add 'new spaces' but I can't figure out how to, instead of showing me blank data entry form, instead show me a list of Spaces to choose from.

I feel like I've been able to do this fairly simply in the past but just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Anyone have any ideas or be able to give me some guidance?

Thanks,
PhilD

------------------------------
Phil Dupont

5 Replies

• If you truly have a correct relationship and One Parking Spot can only be attached to a single deal at any one time, then you just need to think backwards.

Run a report of unassigned parking spots and edit or grid edit to attach them to a deal.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      PhilDupont
      Qrew Member
      I guess my disconnect is how to exactly implement that on the deals form....

Create some kind of field or drop-down that uses said report as it's source?

Phil Dupont
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        If you want to throw the user into grid edit and return the user to Deal On save, you can try this as a formula URL button on the deal.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_table-Name_of parking_spots] & "?a=q&qid=99" & "&dlta=mog&navBack=true";

// change the 99 to the report ID of a regular table report for unassigned spaces.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com