Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

Add button on report to check the check box on all record

I have a report that shows all line items that need to be billed out based on certain filters. Is there a way to add a button to the report that would check the "draft created" check box I have on all of the records shown? 

4 Replies

• It is not a a simple task, since the system does not really know your report filers to be able to run an API to do that mass update.

If you want one on one assistance to set this up as a click, please contact me via the information on my website.  QuickBaseCoach.com

The alternative is simple to use Grid Edit. 
    Click 1 is Grid Edit
    Click 2 is Manually check the first checkbox
    Click 3 is highlight the whole column for the checkbox field.
    Click 4 is "right click" the column heading and fill down.
    Click 5 is save.

So 5 clicks.
  • Hes it is possible and it is simple to do with script.

Look at this demo that place a single button (not an identical button on each record) atop of a report:

Process Selected Records
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bkfwuwx2p?a=td

In your case pressing the button would cause a script to run that confirmed the desired action and set the checkbox of all the currently displayed records. Note that this is just an demo I quickly located that had a custom button atop of a report. This demo was created to allow you to process randomly selected records. It was not created to solve your particular problem. I am just in a hurry to answer as many accumulated questions as I can today.
      BobbyNeelon
      Qrew Member
      Hi Dan,

This may be a silly question. In that demo, how are you adding the "Process Selected Records" button atop the table? Thanks!

EverettPatterso
        Qrew Captain
        It's custom code that injects script as the page loads.

$("table[qbdbid=" + dbidTable + "] tr:first").before("<tr><td><a href=# id=QBU_Button class='Vibrant Success'>Process Selected Records</a></td></tr>");

If you are not familiar with coding to write it yourself, you can hire a Quickbase partner to help you set it up. 

Here's the original link to Dan's pastie showing the full code
        https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bgcwm2m4g?a=dr&rid=462&rl=gni

------------------------------
        Everett Patterson
        ------------------------------