Forum Discussion

RohitAgarwal
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Dynamic Dashboard with multiple Filters

I want a dashboard with 7-8 reports and multiple filters. So by applying a filter, all reports change dynamically. 

See Picture Attached.

9 Replies

• I way to get close to this in a multi user environment is to have a table of Users in the app where the key field is the userid. That record will need to have all the filters which you would need.  You would probably have to have multi select field types uses to allow selecting multiple choices for one filter.  

Then in each details table where the data is, you will create a field called [Current user] with a formula of User().  That will be used to make a Relationship to the Users table, where you can then look up those values down to the details tables. 

Then they will be available for you to contrive specials version of the reports to use as dashboard reports.  So while these would not be Global Dynamic filters, the user could select their record  and specify Global Dashboard filters.

Typically, you include a report on the Dashboard of users where the user is the current user, so it easy for the user to locate their user record. 
      RohitAgarwal
      Qrew Cadet
      This is helpful when I have only one filter. What I have 3 section of filters and I want to apply from all 3 sections.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      You can have as many fields as you like on the user record and look those up to your details table. The trick is really to come up with the correct set of filters which will allow you to select no filters for a particular field or else apply filters if some were selected.

If you can get it working for one filter, then you should be able to get it working for more filters
      RohitAgarwal
      Qrew Cadet
      I got your point. But now think I have 15 filter which means I have to create 15 fields. 
      Is it a best practice.