How can i create summary fields on a table summarizing all the records from that same table?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
i'd rather not create another table with one record just to create summary fields from my "Stores" table. How can i create summary fields on the "Stores" table that will check the filtering criteria for each metric against the data in each record and return a sumary of how many records in my "Stores" table match what i'm looking for?

the goal is to create a report that can be put into the new dashboard showing, "Issues that require my attention" where each summary field will be a link to the records that match that"issue"
Photo of M

M

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of David_In_Tucson

David_In_Tucson

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Mac,

I’m not sure what the structure of your Stores table is, or what fields you wish to summarize.

I frequently create summary dashboards for management to track work using QuickBase’s native Summary Report option.

You can use the filtering options similar to Table reports to show only the records that meet the criteria important to you.

I’ve put in a screen shot of a simple summary report for you.

In this example, I used a simple formula to consolidate several different status codes down to a simple complete or not summary report.

I trust that you find it useful.